Here are a few of the essential uses of the apron for me:
1. It holds the snotty Kleenexes when my monkeys have a runny nose.
2. It holds my phone, which is one of my lifelines now that I am a stay-at-home mummy.
3. It acts as a tea towel when it seems impossible to reach for a tea towel.
4. It hides what I like to reluctantly but affectionately call my "twin belly" from turning into a "muffin top".
5. It ties me to the countless other women throughout history who have struggled through the ups and downs of motherhood.
6. Most importantly, depending on the style, it makes me feel funky, frilly, functional or festive